Registration Opens:Thursday, October 27th, 2022
Registration Close: Tuesday, December 6th, 2022
Webinar Date: Dec 7th, 2022
Time: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Jonathan Alba and Scott Davidson, Code4
- Eric Gilbert, Treefort Music Festival Co-Founder
Meet with event safety experts Scott Davidson and Jonathan Alba at Code 4 and Treefort Music Festival Co-Founder Eric Gilbert to explore strategies to host safe, community-based events that drive economic development.
Who should attend?
Economic Development professionals and city officials who want to create an events based economic development strategy. Or EDC professionals who want to be more involved with events in their community.
The audience will learn:
- How public private partnerships can play a pivotal role in city based events
- How to communicate and work with event promoters
- What defines success for community-based events
- What are the key economic drivers to pay attention to
- How well-intended community events go wrong
- Key Components of the event planning process
- Relevant statutes and regulatory requirements of large-scale events in Texas.
- How the Treefort Music Festival became a catalyst for community engagement and economic development in Boise, Idaho
- An overview of how to build partnerships with public and private sector leaders to produce safe events.
- Key resources available to support the event planning process.
All registrations are to be made online. Registrations will not be accepted by mail, email, telephone or fax. Payments in advance are encouraged, unless specified to be paid prior to the event. Invoices are required to be paid within 30 days following the event. Payments may be made in the form of check or online via credit card. Purchase orders will not be accepted as a form of payment.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to TEDC staff. Cancellations received in writing on or before (10 business days), and which payment has been received, will be refunded via check following the event. All refunds will be charged a $35.00 administration cancellation fee. There will be no refunds for cancellations received after (10 business days). A registrant who does not submit a written cancellation or attend the event, is considered a No-Show and is not eligible for a refund. A registrant who does not submit a written notice of cancellation or attend the event is still responsible for the registration fee.